Simple recipe to make Vegan Soy Curl Fajita’s (Soy Curls From Butler Foods). Fajita Seasoning Recipe included.
Soy Curls are a fantastic replacement for chicken. I have used them in Chick-un vegetable soup, Chick-un pot pie, and these fantastic fajitas!
For the best deal on Butler Soy Curls, order directly from their website: https://www.butlerfoods.com/products.html
You might also be interested in my Cauliflower & Walnut Taco ‘Meat’ Recipe:
|Prep Time||12 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp Oregano (Mexican best)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional, or red pepper flakes - if you want it spicy)
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 1 & 1/2 mixed Bell Pepper (I use green and red)
- 1 pkg Butler Soy Curls
- 2 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Using ALL of the seasoning listed in ingredients, mix together in a small bowl to make your fajita seasoning.
- Re-hydrate 1 package of Butler Soy Curls in 2 cups of low sodium vegetable broth in a bowl. Add a large pinch of fajita seasoning. Takes approximately 1 hour.
- Make Spanish Rice! (Lot's of recipes out there, some can be bought pre-packaged. Will include a recipe soon. I normally add tomato, chili powder, green chilies, and smoked paprika. )
- While waiting on soy curls to re-hydrate, chop onion and bell peppers in strips. You may want refried or black beans in your Fajita's. Perhaps even Spanish Rice, lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa.
- Add Soy Curls, onions, and bell peppers to a non-stick pan. Add approximately 1/2 of seasoning. Sautee using some of the vegetable broth from soy curls.
- Simmer / sautee until onions are translucent and bell peppers are soft.
- Add more seasoning as needed.
- Serve: See below! Note that you can find whole grain wraps, and raw spinach wraps, or use lettuce as a wrap instead of a white tortilla if you are wanting more WFPB. You could also make a salad out of this!
There are many ways to serve Fajita's. Here are some examples:
Share this Recipe