Super Easy Vegan Skillet Pizza – Deep Dish
- 2 & 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP Granulated Garlic (or garlic powder)
- 2 TBSP olive oil OPTIONAL
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Basil (See instructions)
- Oregano (See instructions)
- Heat 2 cup of water in Microwave for 1 minute. You want it warm, not scalding or boiling.
- Add 2 & 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast to warm water, stir, let sit for approximately 5 minutes, until foamy bubbles appear on top.
- Add Oil and Salt to Water and Yeast mixture.
- In KitchenAid mixer (this can also be done by hand), combine 2 (only 2) cups of flour, and the water / yeast / oil / salt mixture, and and garlic powder, mix on medium speed.
- As the dough begins to firm, add the additional cup of flour slowly until dough forms around the dough hook and the sides of the mixing bowl come 'clean'.
- Remove from mixing bowl, on a bread board, knead until smooth and elastic. Place in bowl and allow is to sit and rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Remove from bowl and get ready to roll out your dough. NOTE: If you are using a 12 inch skillet, you will make 2 pizza's, just divide the dough evenly. If you are using a 10 inch skillet you can make 3 crusts, just divide into 3rds. MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE is to divide it into 2 and use a 10 inch skillet for more of a deep dish style crust!
- After dough is rolled out, place in skillet, press with fingers (see pic), brush with olive oil, and sprinkle oregano and basil over dough surface.
- Bake Dough in preheated oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes. Picture here is what it will look like par baked just out of the oven.
- Remove from oven, add sauce and toppings and bake for an additional 12-16 minutes (depends on your pan size and how much you choose to divide the crust) until golden grown.
- Final product!!
- Serve! (I topped this with nutritional yeast and pepperoncini's)
- Bonus: If you want to not use all of the dough, you can refrigerate it and they make awesome dinner rolls!
- Lately I have been using this hearty spaghetti sauce recipe for the sauce and loving it! https://www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/hearty-plant-based-spaghetti-sauce/
I have also made this recipe on a pizza stone so it would also work on a cookie sheet I think.
You can divide it into 4ths for a thin crust as well. Best with divided in two as a thicker skillet crust.
Lately I have been using my spaghetti sauce recipe and loving it. Check it out here: https://www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/hearty-plant-based-spaghetti-sauce/
Here is my amazing Pizza Sauce / Marinara recipe:
Here are a couple of different ideas on how to serve or top your pizza:
PLEASE PIN THIS ON PINTEREST!
Share this Recipe
3 Replies to “Vegan Skillet Pizza Recipe”
nice blog nice recipe and blog – thanks for writing this!
I was just wondering why, after exposing the harmful effects of oil consumption, you would post a recipe that calls for even just 2 TBSP. of olive oil. Couldn’t one just make this pizza omitting the oil?
This recipe has been up for awhile. I stopped consuming oil about 7 months ago. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, and yes this recipe can be made without oil.