This SUPER EASY Sicilian Style Pasta is my absolute favorite pasta dish! Note that this recipe can be cut in half.
- 16 Oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Basil (Packed)
- 1/3 Cup Naked Almonds (no skin, I buy and use slivered almonds)
- 2 TBSP California Golden Raisins
- 2 TBSP Capers (drain liquid)
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Minced or Pressed
- 1/8 Cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (Only if your tomatoes aren't very juicy)
- 2 lbs Cooked Pasta
- Nutritional Yeast Add as sprinkle on top (optional)
- This is a super easy recipe. Take ALL ingredients (except for the pasta) and pulse in a food processor until finely chopped. This could be done by hand or even in a blender.
- Cook your favorite pasta and drain. I prefer Gemelli pasta for this recipe as it has a good 'chew factor' but bow tie pasta or a spiral pasta works just as well.
- Place your Sicilian style sauce in the pasta pan and lightly heat. Toss with Pasta and serve!
This recipe goes well with my Sicilian Orange and Fennel Bulb Salad
The Sicilian Mazzarrone table grapes (dried into raisins) would be ideal in this recipe, but given their limited availability in the U.S., California Golden Raisins are a virtually perfect substitute.
Share this Recipe