- 1 20 Oz. Can Pineapple Chunks Include liquid from can. (In 100% juice, NOT syrup!)
- 1 Cup Bell Pepper Diced. You can use a whole bell pepper or a bunch of the mini bell peppers.
- 5 Stalks / Sprigs Green Onion Diced (see notes)
- 2 Cloved Fresh Garlic Minced or Pressed
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (Alternatively Date Sugar, Date Paste, or Brown Sugar)
- 3 TBSP Low Sodium Tamari
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Fresh Brocolli Florets (OPTIONAL)
- 1 TBSP Arrow Root (To thicken)
- 1/2 TBSP Toasted Sesame Seeds (Used to top when serving)
- RICE (Serve over rice)
- 1 Package Extra Firm Tofu Cubed
- Start your rice. I prefer a brown basmati rice and always add a lot of garlic to make a garlic rice. Prepare your vegetables by dicing belle pepper and green onion, and peeling garlic cloves.
- Simmer Veggies in a little water. NOTE: Use a little more than half of the green onion, the rest will be used to top when serving.
- Add Pineapple INCLUDING LIQUID from can (important! this adds a lot to the flavor of the sauce), tamari, apple cider vinegar, red pepper flakes and simmer for 5-7 minutes. You can add broccoli if you would like. You can also add a cubed tofu. I prefer a breaded chick-Un like tofu in the air fryer, but I put the breaded tofu on the rice and spoon the sauce over top.
- Final step is to thicken with arrowroot or cornstarch.
- When serving, top with raw green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Breaded Tofu Recipe coming soon!
I also have a video of this recipe on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/YCD9TaGFAkw
Share this Recipe