This One Pot Peruvian Quinoa Stew has white beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, and corn for a super nutritious and filling meal! Top with avocado, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime and it is off the hook!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 8 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Medium Red Onion diced (OK to substitute white onion)
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes cubed
- 2 Medium Carrots chopped
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic Minced or pressed
- 1 15 Oz Can White Beans drained and rinsed (Traditional is Peruano beans)
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 1/2 TBSP Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp SMOKED Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (More to make it spicier)
- 1 Medium Fresh Lime cut in wedges
- 1 Medium Ripe Avocado cubed (optional)
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Dice Onion, Chop Carrot, Cube Sweet Potato.
- In pot, add vegetable broth, diced onion, pressed garlic, and spices. Bring it to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add Quinoa, Sweet Potato, and Carrot, bring it to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add White Beans, and Corn, heat thoroughly (about 5-10 minutes).
- Stew will begin to thicken as the quinoa cooks. You may add more water if you want it more like a soup. While stew is cooking, cube the Avocado, cut the Lime into wedges, and chop the Cilantro.
- When serving, top the stew with the fresh Avocado and Cilantro, and a squeeze of Fresh Lime!
- I served mine with chips and salsa.
This recipe should be able to be done in an InstantPot in about 10 minutes, add everything and stir before cooking.
Curious about Peruvian Cuisine? Check out Wiki's Peruvian Cuisine page.
Lot's more Amazing Recipes on this blog! Please also check out the articles on my blog.
PLEASE PIN THIS ON PINTEREST!
Share this Recipe