oil free Mediterranean hummus
- 1 15 oz Can Organic Low Sodium Chickpeas Drained - SAVE the aquafaba (liguid form the can)
- 2/3 Cup Aquafaba juice (The liquid from the can of chickpeas - see instructions)
- 1 15 oz Can White Cannellini Beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 TBSP Mediterrenean Spice Bland (see instructions)
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- 2 large cloves Fresh Garlic Minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Mediterranean spice blend can be purchased or you can make your own. This is a picture of the ingredients in my blend bought from a restaurant supply store.
- Add ALL ingredients to a blender or food processer. Start with 2/3 cup of aquafaba. Depending on the hydration of the canned beans (every manufacturer is slightly different), you may want to slowly add a little more after blending. Blend until smooth.
- The hummus will be thick and creamy and well blended when done. If you want it less thick, add additional aquafaba. This picture should give you a good idea of what it will look like when done.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl with a spatula. Top with kalamata olives and server!
There are two other oil free hummus recipes on this blog: Avocado Hummus: https://www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/avocado-hummus-recipe/ Cilantro Lime Hummus: https://www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/cilantro-lime-hummus/
Share this Recipe