I made this recipe specifically for THIS hearts of palm salad, but it is fantastic on greens, amazing with arugula, and is great as a dipping sauce for Gardein Chick’n.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||7 minutes|
- 1 15 oz Can Madarin Oranges (alternatively 1 & 1/2 cup fresh mandarin oranges with 1 cup of water)
- 1 15 oz Can Pineapple (NOT in syrup!), use 1/2 the juice in the can as well.
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Freshly grated
- 1 tsp Orange Zest Freshly grated
- 2.5 TBSP Low Sodium Tamari
- 1.5 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar (helps preserve) other plain vinegars are OK too
- 1 TBSP Brown Rice Syrup (Alternately Date sugar, or dates, see note below)
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tsp Arrow Root
- Combine mandarin oranges, pineapple, green onion, ginger, orange zest, brown rice syrup and 1-2 tsp sesame seeds in blender and puree. NOTE: This recipe may be sweet enough for you without the Date sugar or brown rice syrup.
- Dump contents from blender into a non-stick pan. Add additional 1 tsp sesame seeds. Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes. You can also add the sesame seeds later on top of a salad or to garnish the dressing when serving.
- Whisk 2 tsp arrow root with 2 TBSP water together and add to simmering sauce. Whisk gently until thickens.
- Place cooked and thickened dressing in a jar to cool for use on salads, or use hot on your vegan dish of choice.
- Check out this Asian chick-Un salad! Made with a breaded tofu.
Share this Recipe