I can’t take full credit for this recipe. My girlfriend happens to be an amazing cook and has an ability to combine a bunch of recipes to create an amazing meal. I just refined this to a smaller, more simplified batch. This is the best spaghetti I have ever had!
Side note: Jovial brand Gluten Free Brown Rice noodles are amazing! It is firm and not mushy – and organic! (I can get it at Walmart)
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45-60 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1 Large Bell Pepper Diced - I prefer orange/yellow or red
- 1 Medium White Onion Diced - go with large if you like lots of onion
- 6 Cloved Fresh Garlic Minced or Pressed
- 1 15 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with liquids!!
- 1 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 7 oz can Tomato Paste
- 2.5 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 tsp Whole Fennel Seeds
- 1.5 TBSP Vegan Worcestershire Annie's brand is vegan (some contain anchovies)
- 1.5 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 2.5 TBSP Brown Sugar (You can choose other whole plant sweetners if you prefer, i.e. date sugar or dates)
- 2 cups Fresh Mushrooms Chopped
- 1/2 can Sliced Olives
- 1.5 Cups Zucchini Chopped (optional)
- Vegan Sausage optional
- OTHER VEGGIES Adding other veggies like broccoli is always optional!
- 1/2 cup water May need to thin a little depending on moisture content of veggies
- Red Pepper flake optional for some zing
- Salt and Pepper optional to taste
- Start by chopping and dicing veggies, and water sautee onions, pepper, and garlic.
- Add all ingredients except veggies that you don't want to get mushy like zucchini and perhaps olives.
- Stir all together and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add Zucchini, (may add olives here and broccoli and/or pre-cooked vegan sausage if you wish)
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- I have been using this recipe (without the zucchini) for pizza sauce! Here is an amazing crust recipe: https://www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/vegan-skillet-pizza-recipe/
For an amazing skillet style pizza crust recipe, click here https://www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/vegan-skillet-pizza-recipe/
Share this Recipe