This is an extremely versatile recipe. The Black Bean and Sweet Potato mixture can be used in a lettuce wrap, in a burrito, in a taco, or on salad greens.
- 1/2 Medium Onion Diced
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves Minced or Pressed
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cliantro Chopped
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes Cubed
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz Can Diced Tomatoes Drained
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 3/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional if you want it spicy)
- Salt To Taste (Optional)
- In non-stick pan, steam cubed sweet potatoes on medium-high heat with a little bit of water for 8-10 minutes until soft (but not mushy) and set aside.
- Saute cliantro, onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Deglaze pan with lime juice.
- Add ALL ingredients together, stir in spices and heat on medium heat until hot. About 15 minutes. I usually wait a few minuted to add the black beans so they don't get mushy.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, lettuce wraps or on salad greens.
Deglazing is a fancy and intimidating word that means to pour some cold liquid into a very hot pan to get up all the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Those brown bits are where all the flavors are, and it is called “fond.”
PLEASE PIN THIS ON PINTEREST!
Share this Recipe
One Reply to “Black Bean and Sweet Potato Lettuce Wraps”
I haven’t checked in here for a while, but the last few recipe posts are great so I’ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂