The Plant Based Pantry
This plant-based pantry list is continually evolving. If you have a few items that you can’t live without in your vegan pantry, please comment!
In an effort to help people transition toward a whole food plant-based lifestyle, I have made this list of the items in my pantry. Note that there are NO refined foods or oils in this list.
Beans and Legumes:
- Dry lentils (green or red), split peas, dry beans of your choice ( black beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans)
- Canned beans for convenience (chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, green beans)
- Refrigerated Beans: Tofu, Tempeh, Miso.(refrigerated section is below)
Dry Grains, Rice and Pastas:
- Quinoa, farro, barley, oats, popcorn (for your AIR popper!), whole wheat pasta, chickpea pasta, wild rice, long grain brown rice.
Nuts and Seeds:
- Unsalted raw nuts of your choice (walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios, cashews, peanuts), chia seeds, hemp seeds, milled flaxseed, unsalted pumpkin seeds, unsalted sunflower seeds.
A Variety of Herbs and Spices:
- Salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, bay leaf, cardamon, curry powder
A Variety of Vinegars:
- Apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, white vinegar, balsamic vinegar, champagne vinegar
- (For more info on using vinegars, click here.)
- Fresh dates or fruit, Maple Syrup, Date Sugar, Black strap molasses, Pomegranate molasses
- Whole wheat (whole GRAIN), Oat Flour. Tapioca flour, Chickpea flour
- Dates and Raisins, other dried fruit with no added sugar.
A Variety of Herbal Teas:
- Hibiscus Tea is the highest in antioxidants!
- Onions, Garlic, Sweet Potatoes, other potatoes.
- Ketchup, BBQ (no processed sugar or oil added, i.e: Heinz Original Cassic or make your own), mustard, Dijon mustard, vegan Worcestershire, hot sauce.
Canned Items (BPA free cans):
- Low sodium canned vegetables in water
- A variety of beans
- Canned Coconut milk
- Diced Tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste.
- Canned Jackfruit
- Low sodium Vegetable stock( or make your own with less Sodium)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Tamari (low sodium)
- Cornstarch / ArrowRoot
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baker’s Yeast
- Lemon and lime juice
- Coconut Aminos
- Popcorn for snacking.
- Any Fresh Fruit: apples, pears, peaches, plums, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, avocado, etc.
- Any Non-Dairy Milk: almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, rice milk, etc.
- Refrigerated Beans: Tofu, Tempeh, Miso
- Any Fresh Vegetables: romaine lettuce, kale, Swiss chard, spinach, parsley, tomatoes, green peppers, stoplight peppers, carrots, celery, zucchini, cucumber, nappa cabbage, purple cabbage, bok choy, green beans, snow peas, corn on the cob, mushrooms, etc.
If you are curious what I cook in a day, please check out my Instagram feed.
I also have tons of recipes on this blog.
PLEASE PIN THIS ON PINTEREST!